The Apex565 is particularly suited for many different types of instruments including sax, trumpet, trombone, woodwinds, acoustic (especially classical) guitars, cello, Double Bass and drums. It has also been successfully utilized (with user modifications to the clamp assembly) on violins and violas, accordions and ducilmers.
Don't let its size fool you. This microphone handles the high SPL you would expect when close miking a tom or brass wind instrument. The Apex565's miniature design comes complete with shockmount assembly and gooseneck clamp, perfect for safe attachment to brass instruments, conga rims and drum rims without damaging or breaking the chrome or lacquer. It's unobtrusive, easy to attach to any instrument and almost impossible to accidentally dislodge, even during enthusiastic live performances.
Apex565 Low Profile Clip-On Condenser
- Perfect Live Mic for Use on Toms, Brass and Woodwind Instruments
- Cardioid Polar Pattern Delivers Good Feedback Rejection & Predictable Proximity Response
- Handles Extremely High SPL without Distortion or Capsule Overload
- Integrated ABS Clip with Rubberized Grips Won't Damage Drum Rim or Instrument Bell
- Rubberized Integrated Shockmount Eliminates Vibration Transfer from Microphone Clip
- Reinforced Gooseneck Assembly Holds Mic Position
- Integrated Preamp Circuit Included
- Gold Plated Pins on XLR Connectors for Improved Signal Transfer
Element: Black Electret Condenser Frequency Response: 50Hz - 18kHz Sensitivity: -65dB ± 3dB Impedance: 250 Ω S/N: >65dB Max SPL: 135 (1kHz @ 1% THD)