The GAIA 2 alto is designed with the classic Meyer design in mind. HOWEVER no limitations were put on the design, so it simply does everything better! It has an optimized classic baffle and includes our True Large Chamber so get’s a breadth of sound surpassing all the Meyer clones on the market. Once you spend some time on it, you will find a dynamic range and flexibility not possible in other mouthpieces.
“The GAIA alto is the answer to a saxophonist’s dream! Over my sixty years of performing in either recording studios, or performing live concerts, I can finally do it all with one mouthpiece instead of carrying several pieces around. The only mouthpiece I’ve played in seven decades with EVERYTHING! Without any question, it’s a ‘sonic miracle!'” – George Young (John Lennon, Rolling Stones, Dizzy Gillespie, Frank Sinatra, Madonna)
Large chambers have been widely explored in the history of tenor mouthpieces, but very little has been done with alto mouthpieces. The GAIA 2 Alto mouthpiece opens up a whole new world for the alto saxophone. Not only is the DESIGN revolutionary, but it uses our state of the art manufacturing and premium materials so that design is made right! The GAIA 2 has evolved from the GAIA 1 with an even more core and body to the sound.
Theo Wanne GAIA 2 Alto Saxophone Mouthpiece
- Outplays histories best traditional alto mouthpieces.
- Full, rich and fat traditional sound with a hint of edge.
- Includes our True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Perfectly sculpted roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other Mouthpiece and Reed Cases here!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on globe logo.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber GAIA 2 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: The metal GAIA 2 includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. The Hard Rubber GAIA 2 includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world. To truly individualize your sound, try our premiumPressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.