The GAIA 2 soprano mouthpiece has revolutionized the soprano world.
It has modern projection, but also a full rich, fat, and robust sound never before heard from a soprano mouthpiece. The GAIA 2 has been further updated with far more core and body to sound, while maintaining the big warm traditional sound the GAIA is known for!
For decades musician’s asked Theo for the perfect large chamber soprano mouthpiece. He modified vintage Buescher and Slant Otto Link (among other) vintage mouthpieces. Each of these had wonderful characteristics, but none were the ‘whole package.’ So Theo designed the GAIA 2. The feedback has been overwhelming relief from many players who finally found the mouthpiece giving them the sound they always desired.
“And there it is! The soprano piece I´ve been longing for all these years! It sings in all registers, pp – ff, in tune, open yet focused, and fat sounding like a sax should be. The GAIA soprano is stunning, and suits me perfectly!” – Jan Garbarek (Keith Jarrett, George Russell, Grammy Nominee, 31 Internationally Acclaimed Albums)
The GAIA2 still uses a True Large Chamber, like most vintage soprano mouthpieces made in the first half of last century. However, those mouthpieces combined a large chamber with a low baffle and floor configuration, which made good classical mouthpieces, but never really worked for contemporary playing. The GAIA2’s unique design opens up a whole new world for the soprano saxophone. It maintains the ‘vintage’ beauty of sound, but adds depth and versatility never before possible.
Like all Theo Wanne™ mouthpieces, they are manufactured with accuracy higher than any other mouthpiece, vintage or new, and uses the highest quality materials in its construction. The GAIA2 is truly revolutionary in bringing the vintage sound up to date both in design and construction.
Theo Wanne GAIA 2 Hard Rubber Soprano Saxophone
- Modern projection with a full rich, fat, and robust sound never before heard from a soprano mouthpiece.
- Revolutionary in marrying the benefits of vintage design and modern construction.
- Includes our True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Perfectly sculpted roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other Mouthpiece and Reed Cases here!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on globe logo on metal mouthpiece.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber GAIA 2 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: The metal GAIA 2 includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. The Hard Rubber GAIA 2 includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world. To truly individualize your sound, try our premiumPressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.