The GAIA 4 tenor does everything previous GAIA tenor mouthpieces did, but with an incredible CORE to the sound!
GAIA 4 has evolved into work of art and is now the most technically advanced mouthpiece Theo has ever made. The Shark Gill™ baffle has been updated, and Theo’s completely new Large-Stadium Chamber™ added. It takes the huge, warm and free sound the previous GAIA mouthpiece have become famous and iconic for, to a whole new level. It has greatly increased the ‘presence’ and core of the mouthpiece. It still has the large chamber sound, but no ‘hollowness’….just fullness!
“Just – wow! Theo, you nailed The GAIA Tenor Mouthpiece! It has a vast playground of expressive possibilities. It’s round and warm, yet easy to get the right amount of grit and bite. It has an immediacy of response everywhere on the horn. Every pitch is centered and speaks instantly. Fast runs sound amazingly clean and precise. Theo, how did you do that? Furthermore, if Dexter Gordon were with us today, I bet he’d be playing a Theo Wanne™ GAIA!” – Robert Martin (Frank Zappa for 20 years)
The GAIA 4 lends itself well to a traditional Jazz taste, but due to its amazing flexibility, it is at home in any style of playing. It comes in 24K gold plated or a unique, thin-body premium Hard Rubber which has amazing resonant qualities.
The GAIA 4 has an updated medium roll-over Shark Gill Baffle™, precision-sculpted inner sidewalls, and our newly created Large-Stadium Chamber™, which is a technologically advanced version of a traditional large chamber.
Take a close look at our baffles, rails, and chambers™, you will see they are manufactured with a quality and accuracy higher than any other mouthpiece ever made, vintage or new!
Theo Wanne GAIA 4 METAL TENOR MOUTHPIECE
- Built to outplay Theo’s very best Vintage Florida Otto Link. Theo succeeded!!!
- Inspired by the genius of Dexter Gordon.
- Full, rich, and fat traditional sound with a big projection and plenty of edge.
- Includes our True Large Chamber! Rounded inner side walls all the way to the tip. Perfectly sculpted roll-over baffle.
- Crafted to the highest accuracy in the history of saxophone mouthpieces.
- Designed by Theo Wanne, the foremost expert on the design and manufacturing of vintage and new mouthpieces.
- Case: Beautiful Leatherette Case! Like the case? See our other Mouthpiece and Reed Cases here!
- Serial Number: Includes serial number showing care given to your mouthpiece.
- Plating: Reticulated 24K Gold plating with highlights on globe logo on metal mouthpiece.
- Premium Hard Rubber: The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 uses the finest vintage style hard rubber on the planet!
- Ligature: The metal GAIA 3 includes our integrated two-point contact 24K Gold Plated Liberty Ligature and Alive Gold pressure plate. The Hard Rubber GAIA 3 includes the Enlightened Ligature, rated #1 ligature in the world. To truly individualize your sound, try our premiumPressure Plates, which fit all of our mouthpieces and ligatures!.
- Cap: Patented Reed Replacer Cap. The most secure cap in the world.
- Bite Pad: User Replaceable Bite Pads allow you to peel and stick on new bite pads. Try our varying hardness bite pads to personalize the feel.