What Is the GIANT Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece?
The GIANT series introduces a new concept in saxophone mouthpiece design that we call “Stealth Metal” combining the outside shape and look of a hard rubber mouthpiece with the precision of Aerospace Grade Hard Anodized Aluminum.
The GIANT has a dark, big saxophone sound but with strong projection and cut. The JodyJazz GIANT is excellent for Jazz, Straight Ahead, Bebop, Big Band, even Rock, Funk, and Blues. Due to its versatility, it can blend nicely with a concert band or saxophone quartet.
Big • Complex • Timeless
The GIANT is a great saxophone mouthpiece that seems to appeal to a very broad variety of players.
Made on our five-axis CNC mill in our factory in Savannah. The Aerospace Grade Hard Anodized Aluminum provides the perfect tone and the ability to manufacture with extremely high tolerances.
Does Not Include LigatureThis mouthpiece does not come with a ligature. Your current ligature (if you have a hard rubber mouthpiece) should fit this, but for upgrades on the ligature you can look here at our POWER RING Ligatures which we made specifically for this mouthpiece.
You can also take a look here at our H-Ligatures option as well.Special Notes on the GIANT Tenor Saxophone MouthpieceEvery JodyJazz mouthpiece is hand finished to insure the absolute best quality. In addition, each mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of our professional saxophonists on staff to insure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone.
The GIANT Difference5 Axis CNC Machining
- Allows for extremely precise manufacturing and repeatability.Unique Design
- The unique inner and outer shape of the JodyJazz GIANT Tenor Saxophone Mouthpiece gives it a unique sound and feel. This is a unique chamber design.Hand Finished
- Each GIANT mouthpiece is hand finished to ensure the absolute best quality and is individually play tested to ensure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone.
- To capture the very best of our popular HR* hard rubber line of mouthpieces and then through 3D modeling take it to the next level.
- To create a tenor sax mouthpiece that is both warm and dark but with has a huge sound at the same time.
- To make a metal mouthpiece with the same cutting edge technology as our DV sax mouthpieces, but costs less to produce since we don’t 24kt Gold Plate the Hard Anodized Aluminum.
- To demand and achieve the most rigorous QUALITY CONTROL possible. Each mouthpiece is individually play tested by Jody Espina or one of our professional saxophonists on staff to insure a perfect seal with the reed and proper response throughout the range of the saxophone.